Come join us each year, rain or shine, as we paddle 10 miles for charity down the Raystown Branch of the Juniata River from Tatesville to Hopewell, Pennsylvania! We invite you to attend a tailgate after the float, where you'll find raffle prizes, food, live entertainment and t-shirt sales. The delicious Sipes Smokehouse BBQ will be available for purchase throughout the afternoon and evening. As always, FREE camping is available at Cooper's Recreation Area. Bring your family and friends, and join us at the Annual Float For Charity. There is no preregistration. Registration is on site the morning of the float only. A $15.00 donation for adults and $5.00 donation for children under 10 to participate is greatly appreciated. Please make personal checks, cashier's checks or money orders payable to Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation. Shuttle busing will take place in the morning during registration. The last bus leaves Cooper's at 11:00 AM sharp to keep the launch on schedule.
Benefiting: Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation in 2016
Over $89,000 Raised In Seven Years
2015 - 7th Annual Float For Charity - benefiting St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
Registered Boaters: 771, Amount Raised: 19,000.00+
2014 - 6th Annual Float For Charity - benefiting the Wounded Warrior Project. Registered Boaters: 477, Amount Raised: $13,000.00+
2013 - 5th Annual Float For Charity - benefiting the Diabetes Research Institute Foundation. Registered Boaters: 665, Amount Raised: $15,000.00+
2012 - 4th Annual Float For Charity - benefiting the Alzheimer's Association. Registered Boaters: 580, Amount Raised: $15,000.00+
2011 - 3rd Annual Float For Charity - benefiting the Ronald McDonald House. Registered Boaters: 315, Amount Raised: $10,000.00+
2010 - 2nd Annual Float For Charity - benefiting the American Heart Association. Registered Boaters: 275, Amount Raised: $9,000.00+
2009 - 1st Annual Float For Charity - benefiting American Cancer Society and the Joyce Murtha Breast Care Center. Registered Boaters: 230, Amount Raised: $8,000.00+
"This promotion is sponsored by the Event Organizing Group, which is solely responsible for its fulfillment. The ‘Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation' name and logo is used by permission. More information about CHPF may be found by visiting the website at www.givetochildrens.org or by calling CHPF at (412)-692-3941; 98% of sales, admission price or other proceeds will benefit CHPF. Remaining 2% of proceeds are for event costs.
Float For Charity was originally a fundraising event for America's New D-Day Founded by David Potchak.
Last Update March 4, 2016